VESDA Air-sampling Smoke Detectors work by:
- Continually drawing air into a pipe network attached to a detector unit.
- Passing the air through a dual stage filter to remove dirt
- Sending the clean air to a laser detection chamber for smoke detection.
- Measuring the light scatter caused by any smoke
- Processing the detector signal and presenting the smoke level graphically
- Communicating the information to a fire alarm control panel, a software management system or a building management system.